Officials has said that a roadside bomb struck a minibus carrying university lecturers and students in Afghanistan’s northern Parvan province, killing at least four people and injuring 11 more.
The minibus was aimed on Saturday in Charikar, the provincial capital, while carrying the group to Alberoni University in neighboring Kapisa province, according to Interior Ministry spokesman Tariq Arian.
Shayeq Shoresh, a spokesperson for the Kapisa provincial police, said the bomb detonated remotely.
According to Hamed Obaidi, a spokesman for the ministry of higher education, some of the injured were critically injured.
The attack occurred around 3:15 p.m., according to TOLO News in Afghanistan (10:45 GMT).
No one claimed responsibility for the attack right away. ISIL (ISIS) claimed responsibility for previous brutal attacks on Kabul University in November of last year.
Large swaths of Afghanistan’s war-torn country are dotted with bombs and landmines. Combatants have cultivated many of them in order to target military convoys, but they quite often kill innocent civilians instead.
The attack on Saturday comes shortly after the last 2,500 to 3,500 US troops were ordered to move out of the country.
They’ll be gone by September 11th, if not sooner. The removal takes place against a backdrop of a revived Taliban, which now regulates or holds sway over half of Afghanistan.
Last year, the Taliban and the US consented that Washington would completely withdraw in exchange for Taliban security guarantees and the group’s involvement in peace talks with the Afghan government.